Kaunas Kantata on Lithuanian TV
An immersive musical experience created by:
- Composer: Philip Miller
- Production Design: Jenny Kagan
- Stage Director: Chris Baldwin
- Musical Director: Karolis Variakojis
- Production: Ina Pukelyte (Kaunas 2022)
- TV Direction: Kornelijus Jaroševičius
Audiences find themselves in a labyrinth of music and video images in the Žalgiris Arena, where the viewer is able to choose which sound or artist to listen to and which image to watch. Kaunas Kantata, which premiered on 30th September and 1st October 2022, was a part of Kaunas 2022 CityTelling Festival programme.
The work was inspired by personal testimonials, memories, and a rich and multifaceted world of sound. The creators ask: What does it mean to look into the face of “the other” and confront ourselves, and to look directly into the face of our own humanity?
More about the project you can read here.